Instructions and criteria for submitting your bank or credit union to the Power 100.
Why were we omitted from the Power 100?
This is the most common question readers ask about the Power 100. The truth is, you weren’t omitted… at least not on purpose. If your bank or credit union should appear on one of the Power 100 ranking lists but doesn’t, that simply means The Financial Brand has not yet ran across one of your social media accounts, and you need to add your financial institution to the database using the form at the bottom of this page.
Considerations for inclusion:
- The database is limited to financial institutions who conduct the bulk of their marketing in English. To be included, your website, Facebook page, Twitter account and YouTube videos must be predominantly in English.
- The database is restricted to retail banks and credit unions who provide retail consumer loans and checking accounts. Credit card companies, insurers, investment firms, wealth managers, etc. are not included in this database.
- There is a minimum threshold for inclusion in the database. Your financial institution must rank in the top 100 in at least one social channel:
Minimum to Submit YouTube Banks 60,000
Credit Unions 10,000
- If your bank or credit union is among the top 100 by assets, you are already in the database.
- If your financial institution qualifies for inclusion in the database, you will appear in the next release of the Power 100 rankings. The list is updated quarterly (January, April, July, October).
Please realize that there is no practical way to find every bank and every credit union on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. There are roughly 30,000 financial institutions in the English-speaking world, and at least 70% of those are involved in at least one social channel. That means there are approximately 50,000 social media accounts The Financial Brand could track — impossible, especially when you have to find each one “manually.” Compounding the challenge, none of the social networks allow you to pull user/profile stats through API hooks for large databases. We have to load every single social media page one by one to collect and tabulate our data.