“What Is a Credit Union?”
Producer: Callahan & Associates
Running Time: 4:49
Callahan & Associates sent its CYouth team out to ask Gen-Y what they know — and don’t know — about banks and credit unions. And guess what? Gen-Y doesn’t know the difference the difference between banks and credit unions.
Key Excerpt: Interviewer: “What do you think would be the biggest thing potentially holding you back from joining a credit union?” Gen-Y answer: “Umm, I’ve just never had any knowledge of them before. I’m not familiar with them.”
“This is Generation Y”
Producer: Weber Marketing Group
Running Time: 4:06
Weber Marketing Group created this video with a series of brief Gen-Y interview vignettes capturing Gen-Y thoughts about financial institutions.
- “Our parents set up our accounts.”
- “When I go in to talk to [my bank], they aren’t friendly or helpful whatsoever. They talk to me like I’m stupid, pretty much.”
- “Honestly, I don’t know very much about credit unions.”
- “I’ve heard there are lots of benefits with being at a credit union, but I don’t have any idea what those are.”
“I Know Y – Getting to Know You”
Producer: The Garland Group
Running Time: 6:50
- Gen Y isn’t really clear how they choose their financial institutions.
- Gen-Y wants improved performance and functionality for online banking platforms.