TD’s free mobile application allows personal and small business customers to bank from iPhones and iPod touches, Apple’s two most popular mobile devices. Insurance and wealth management clients can also use the app to connect with TD to perform a variety of inquiries.
Update: As of June 9, 2010, the application is also available for Blackberry and Android users.
The TD mobile application offers:
- North American TD Locator to find branches and fee-free ATMs (in the U.S. and Canada), and TD Waterhouse Investor Centers (in Canada only).
- An iPhone-specific portal so users can login to their EasyWeb online banking where they can view account balances, recent activity, view and pay bills, and securely transfer funds between eligible accounts.
- Small business banking customers can access their accounts, transfer funds, pay bills and review account balances and activities.
- Easy connection to TD Waterhouse agents to open accounts, get market quotes, and to place trades in English, French, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Seamless connection to TD’s EasyLine telephone banking.
- The ability to connect with TD Insurance agents for quotes and claims.
- An Accident Toolkit from TD Insurance with information on what to do in case of an auto accident and an Accident Notepad to record details of the accident.
- One-touch links to all TD public websites.
TD has a nifty online demo that is both thorough, informative and instructional.
The application itself is available in both English and French, reflecting TD’s Canadian roots. There was no announcement about whether or not a Spanish version might be in the works for the U.S. market.
So far, the application has been rated by 262 users, giving it an average of 4+ stars out of 5.
According to Paal Kaperdal, Senior VP/Online Channel, TD has more than 4 million online banking customers and 850,000 WebBroker clients.
“TD’s new app is our initial venture and we will continue to enhance our offering with new features and for additional devices in the months ahead,” he said.