What do you want
to see more of
in 2009 from
The Financial Brand?
Share your 2¢
in the comments below.
The 10 most-read stories at The Financial Brand in 2008 are (in order):
- Dallas credit union to launch Young & Free knockoff
- The Biggest List of Financial Slogans Ever
- When will the media’s infatuation with credit unions end?
- Credit union checking promo exploits ‘LOLCats’
- BNZ’s “Out of the Box” brand
- The media falls in love with credit unions
- The Top 50 Most Distinctive Credit Union Names
- 2008 credit union marketing budgets – too much, too little
- Don’t throw the TARP on credit unions
- Merged bank uses guerilla tactics to launch new brand
This year, The Financial Brand published 312 articles that were read a total of over 100,000 times, including
- 39 articles about branding, and 24 about marketing
- 46 different ad campaigns and 23 promotions
- 26 bank name changes and 23 credit union name changes
- 34 branch projects
- 16 articles looked at Gen-Y and Web 2.0 initiatives
Other facts and stats about The Financial Brand in 2008:
- One-half of The Financial Brand’s readers subscribes by RSS, the other half subscribes via the weekly bulletin.
- Over 500 new subscribers were added between May and December
- The average reader typically looks at 3 articles each visit
- There was a total of 535 reader comments