“The Future of Branches” is another presentation by Jeffry Pilcher, Publisher of The Financial Brand and President/ICONiQ. It takes a look at trends in retail branch design, and examines the best practices for engineering a branded financial environment. The presentation features 50 photos and dozens of examples. Here’s a summary of the main points.
- With your next branch, be deliberate, strategic and intentional.
Don’t just do “what you’ve always done.”
- You need to build your branch around interactions, not transactions.
- Think like a retailer. Move from “fortresses” to “stores.”
- Cross-sell your financial products and services.
- Think in terms of retail zones. Create retail destinations.
- Create brand theater.
- Have a retail street presence.
- You can create a secure environment without compromising your retail focus…
and without turning into Fort Knox.
- Make it enjoyable.
- Make it memorable.
“The Future of Branches” is one of four presentations available from The Financial Brand that have been built specifically for financial institutions. The other three presentations include “The 7 Deadly Branding Sins,” “Results 2.0,” and “The 11 Cs of Breakthrough Brands.”