In the Danish market, Jyske Bank has introduced a whole new way of delivering financial services, using the theme “Jyske Differences.” Jyske says its “blazing new trails in interior design” with its branches, something that’s hard to argue with after you watch this video:
Jyske’s bank of the future is as imaginative as what Umpqua did with their “branch-of-the-future” video a few years ago. The concept centers around financial products that are presented in physical packages.
Here are some of the highlights:
- They call the branch a “shop.”
- The branch features a conceirge, called the AskBar.
- They are using a hotel-style check-in desk as their transaction/teller station(s), something they call the MoneyBar.
- They call the area between the various bars The Market Square. That’s where you’ll find Theme Island, with stacks of financial products packaged in boxes (see The Financial Brand’s previous coverage of BNZ’s pre-packaged, boxed financial products).
- They have a TestBar, where you can scan any of the boxed products for an on-screen tutorial.
- The branch has an Oasis, something that looks a lot more like a reading room than the waiting room it would be in a regular branch.
- Jyske says it wants to be known for its “good coffee,” so they’ve placed their CoffeeBar next to full-length windows surrounding the branch.
Key Question: Can anyone explain the catfish on the wall that “sets the mood” and “tells the history” of the bank?
The Financial Brand is honoring Jyske Bank with a Breakthrough Brand Award for having a very cool video about an incredible branch with great design and more features than one can list in a single article. Jyske could open a branch in any city in the Western world and wow just about everyone. I mean, come on: Who can possibly resist a conference room table made out of a foosball table? By the way, the conference room has a name too: Inspiration.
That’s an understatement.
Tip of the Hat: To Casey Davis, for bringing Jyske Bank to The Financial Brand’s attention.Search For More: Branches, Breakthrough Brands, greeter, Jyske
All content © 2013 by The Financial Brand and may not be reproduced by any means without permission.